Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chiang Kai Shek Memorial!

On Saturday we had a temple trip with our branch. It was lovely as usual! I just love the temple and the peace I feel there!

The temple!

After we went to the temple, we had a couple of hours to spare before we had to meet our bus. We all went to Chiang Kai Shek Memorial. Chiang Kai Shek united the country of China in the 1920s after some contention and confusion in the land. You can read more about Chiang Kai Shek here . They can tell you more about it than I can ;)

The view from the front of Chiang Kai Shek! I really like the tree and the gate and the gardens and I believe the building on the right is an opera house.


When we got to the memorial, everyone was gathered around. We didn't know why until we saw these soldiers marching out. They were doing changing of the guards. It was pretty cool!

The memorial upclose. He's smiling. I could be wrong, but it seems like you don't see very many smiling statues.

Me and the memorial!



I was trying to get a picture with the cool tree. I kind of got the tree. I really liked Chiang Kai Shek. It was interesting to see it and learn more about Taiwanese history.

4 comments:

Lara said...

Thank you for rescuing me from a boring life. I've been waiting for a new update for like 7 years or so. I think the tree is cool, although not as cool as you of course.

Adrienne said...

The temple looks so unique and I love the sights of Taiwan! You look like you are having a blast :D

K said...

I love the trees and roof style there. Perhaps I shall design my first house in the Taiwanese style. That shall rock, like me.

Dad-Mom said...

I love to see the temple!