Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am Thankful for... (5A Responses)!

I asked my 5As what they were thankful for yesterday in class and these are the responses I got.  Mostly they are as they were written, but I did change them a little bit, so that some of the sentences at least made a little bit of sense. Enjoy and remember these are Taiwanese children writing in their second language:)

Monica wrote:
I am thankful for chocolates, chocolate bars, candies, lollipopes, cakes, strawberry cake, vanilla ice-cream, milk ice-cream, chocolate ice-cream, cookies, chips, potato chips, soda, cola, juice, apple juice, orange juice, milk, cc lemon teas' maker, because they made these food, so I can eat, and they are all delicious. they make me happy too.  So I am thankful for these food's maker and these foods.  I love these foods.

Sheena wrote:
I am thankful for my book bag, because I use it every day, and I don't need to bring many books and thing every day.  That would be very heavy.  I can just put it in my book bag and it will be good.  I am thankful for my classmate at school because I have people that I can talk with and it was fun that we go to school.  And I want to thank lot of things too.

Linda wrote:
I am thankful for one of my Chinese school's friend, because she be my friend, and sometimes she helps me a lot.
I am thankful for my pet Dodo, Mango, and Donut, they are good dogs.  I wish they be good dogs in Heaven.
I am thankful for my sister, she does many thing for me, she always plays with me.
At last I am thankful for my mom and dad, because of them I am alive.

Mia said:
I am thankful for my family.  When I am sad, they will help me become happy.  When I am happy, they will be happy, too.  They also give me clothes, food and everything that I want. They are very nice to me.  I am grateful for my home, because it give me the place that I can sleep. It lets me don't need to sleep outside.  I am grateful for my teachers.  They teach me the things that I don't know.  Sometimes, they scold me, but I know they just want me to be better. I am thankful for all.

Luke said:
I am thankful for cumputer, because I can use it to read the book that is on the internet and I can't buy it... I can read the book that are on internet, if I don't have it.  I can listen to music on the computer if I didn't have the music's CD or radio.

Willy said:
I'm thankful for everything, even bad thing.  You might think that is wierd, but, if there is no bad thing in the world, you won't be happy because you always have good luck! 
I'm thankful for everything.  I don't know why, maybe because I have good behavior, so I'm thankful. 


I love my 5As and their responses!  Each response shows a little bit into each of their personalities :)  They are a bunch of smart kids!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Steve-Rosanna said...

Actually very good for a bunch of non-native fifth-graders. As you well know, China is famous for its fratured Chinglish translations to English on public signs and road-ways. We saw some pretty good examples during our trip to the mainland in March-April.

Also, loved your report of visiting the museum in Taitung. So many amazing and beautiful creations!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Love, Dad-Mom