So I believe this is a long-awaited post about my 5As. I love this class! Sometimes they have their moments. For instance, occasionally they like to be smart alecs or they like to answer questions with just one word, just to bug teacher. For the most part, though, they are a good class!

I'll start off with these two. Monica and Luke. They're twins. I think they are 12 years old. They both are really smart. They both can write really well and do well on their tests. Luke and Monica are both pretty quiet; but Monica generally speaks more than Luke and likes to talk back to teacher sometimes. She has an interesting sense-of-humor ;) Luke is a little harder to open up, but when he finally warms up he can be quite the talker too.

This is Linda. She's the oldest in the class. I believe she's 14 years old. She's a good kid. She struggles a bit with her writing homework, but she speaks pretty well! She's also a bit quiet, but once she warms up, she can be quite the talker also :)

Mia and Willy are in the front and Sheena is in the back. (Unfortunately I did not get a good picture of Sheena). Mia is really smart. She does well on her written homework as well as her tests. She speaks well and is a good student!
Willy is a deep-thinker. He asks really good questions. He's not afraid to speak in class. He always does well on his homework!
Sheena is a hard-worker. She struggles with her homework, but I can tell she tries really hard. She's not afraid to speak in class, even though she knows she'll make mistakes. She's a good kid!
I can usually rely on Sheena, Willy and Mia to speak up in class, even when I don't call on them. Monica, Luke and Linda, I usually have to prod a little more, but they work hard and strive to do their best. I love my 5As. Sometimes I really think they keep me going. I look forward to the classes every week (for the most part).
I am so grateful for my experiences here as a teacher! It has definitely been a learning and growing experience.
P.S. These pictures were taken on break time and they would not let me take a picture of them directly, so I had to do it without them knowing. Hence why none of them are looking at the camera.
2 comments:
That's funny that they wouldn't let you take pictures of them. I take pictures in my kids' classrooms all the time and they have no problem posing for them.
Sounds like a great group of kids!
They look like very normal kids-much like their counterparts in America. Do you know what religion they practice?bb Are they all Taoist? Are any of them Christians or are they all Buddhists?
Glad that you are able to befriend them and be a good example.
Post a Comment