Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You Should be Jealous of Me :)

Happy Independence Day! There happened to be fireworks and a big celebration here in Changhua on July 3! We made it our Independence Day party!

Look at this gorgeous sunset we saw on our way to see the fireworks!

This is the entrance to the huge celebration! We honestly have no idea what they were celebrating, but there were thousands of people there! I wish I could have gotten a good picture of the crowd, but alas I did not.

Look at the awesome dancers in front of the Big Buddha!

If you're looking at the Big Buddha and then turn around, you get a panoramic view of the city of Changhua and the fireworks! (There actually ended up being fireworks set off right behind the Big Buddha too, but I did not get a good picture of that, because I was recording it and I can't figure out a good way to upload the video)

Me in front of the Big Buddha! It really is so huge! I love it!

This is one of the dragons protecting the Big Buddha!

We stood here for a long time watching the people play in the fountains! The water was moving according to the music that was playing! I decided I wanted to play in the fountains, but the moment I decided to, they turned off the water.

Self-portrait in front of the Big Buddha and fountain!

The temple behind the Big Buddha! It's gorgeous and so colorful! The details are amazing!

4 comments:

Aitch said...

What a neat experience! I love the picture of the sunset.

Lara said...

What a beautiful place you're living and how exciting to not have to miss the fireworks for Independence Day (kind of). I love the sunset too!

K said...

It looks like such an exciting adventure! I wish I had a desire to travel because I would come and visit you.

Dad-Mom said...

Glad you got to see fireworks on July 4th. You are living in a mighty interesting place.