Buckingham Palace!
Isn't it beautiful!?
I did not see the changing of the guard while I was there, but I was okay with that.
A statue and fountain in front of Buckingham Palace!
After admiring the beauty of Buckingham, I started walking toward Hyde Park. I ran into a very large roundabout with like 6 exits (or something like that) with this war memorial arch in the middle.
It was a such a glorious morning! It was sunny and a little warmer than the day before.
This was part of the war memorial in the roundabout.
I made it to Hyde Park corner. The grounds were beautiful! It was amazing to me how most of the trees were brown and leafless, but the grass was bright green and there were flowers blooming!
Hyde Park was huge and I didn't even make it to a fraction of it, but I enjoyed the little bit I did get to see.
Some blooming flowers! :)
I took this picture to show that the cars are driving on the "wrong" side of the road. ;)
On the walk back to my hotel, someone asked me for directions and I was actually able to give them because I had just come from there. :)
A bunch of taxis waiting to work near Victoria station.
I loved the hotel I stayed at that night. I got a good deal on it and it was clean, modern, had an en suite bathroom, and was in a good location!
This was my hotel from the front. It was pretty charming! I would totally stay there again!
My brother, Matt, went to the temple that day and so I took a train to the nearest station to the temple and he picked me up from there.
Thanks Matt for picking me up from the train station and thanks for letting me stay with you and your cute family while I'm here!

1 comment:
Oops.
Yay!
Yes.
Me too.
Was the man looking at the bird?
Why doesn't America have roundabouts with monuments in the middle?
Was there sunshine in your soul?
Oooooh, it's a double decker bus behind the memorial!
Green and flowers?! What hemisphere were you in?
Your face is huge.
Blooming flowers in blooming February!?!
Your eyeball is wrong.
You clearly inherited that ability from your paternal progenitors.
TAXI!
En suite? How fancy are you?
Did you meet Prince Charming there? No? Then it wasn't charming enough!!!!!!
I've been there before!!!
You're welcome.
Post a Comment