Sunday, April 7, 2013

Einstein, Declaration, John Paul Jones, Tidal Basin

I went downtown with two of my co-workers and friends, C and Heather, on Monday so that we could go to the Einstein statue.  Heather and I have been talking about going for about a year now and we finally got there :)  (I've been there before but Heather had not.)


 Heather, C and I.



As I was researching the best route for our little adventure downtown, I saw this thing that said the Signers of the Declaration of Independence memorial. I had never heard of it and it was right on our path to the tidal basin, so we made a little stop at the memorial.  It was on a cute little island.  

Here's half of the memorial.

Each of the squares had a name of one of the signers and their occupation and where they were from.  I liked the memorial.  I thought it was cool and it was in a beautiful location!

C, Heather and I. Self-portrait.


Tree hugger :) 

John Paul Jones statue.  Man from the Revolutionary War.  I honestly don't remember about him. 

"Surrender? I have not yet begun to fight."

 The non-existent cherry blossoms that should have been blooming by then, but alas were not.

We still walked around the tidal basin despite there not being any cherry blossoms. It's a good walk any way!   FDR memorial.

George Mason memorial.

The only tree that had started blooming.

The sunset.  It was a lovely evening downtown with Heather and C!  It was a little chilly with the wind blowing, but other than that it was a fun adventure! 

No comments: