Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 3- Rest of Tikal

After we watched the sunrise, our tour guide, Eddie, walked us around the park for another two hours or so telling us about the park.  He was a really good tour guide.  He was knowledgeable and kept things interesting. 

I don't have too much to say, just enjoy some pictures from our stay at Tikal.  We took our tour then we walked around again after the tour and spent more time at some of the places that we really liked.

i
We watched the sunrise from the top of this temple. 

Some wild turkeys.  There were a lot of them in the park.


I liked this moss covered one.


I really liked this part of the park.  I believe it was the Seven Temples area.

I really liked this tree!

Look at the sun ray in this picture!

Me.  I was there!
It was a beautiful day! The blue sky made for a stunning background!

Of course a self-portrait!

Trying to be artistic.  Not quite sure how it turned out, but I like it anyway.

Birds, blue sky, ruins of a Mayan temple!

This temple is just poking out of the side of the hill.  Oh what would it be like to discover these awesome archaeological gems?!



Nate's jumping shot. He has some height there, my friends.

We could climb on a lot of the ruins.  As much as I enjoyed climbing on them and exploring, I felt like the ruins will not be preserved as long as they could be if they were more careful about not allowing people to climb all over them.  But that's just me.  I must admit, though, it did make the experience cooler to be able to climb on them...
 
I loved this tree.  It's on the path to the ruins.  It's the tree of life.  I mentioned it  here also.  Look how big that trunk is!

I loved it!

Tikal National Park was beautiful and a dream come true.  Honestly I didn't have it on my bucket list or anything, but after visiting there, I would highly recommend it to anyone!   It's an awesome place!

4 comments:

Lara said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I especially love the temple in the side of the hill. Could you go inside of that one? I'd be interested to see how they used the natural features.

Lara said...


Now I'm ready to read what is on your bucket list....

R said...

Looks like an amazing place. And its great that you got to go and see it.

Steve-Rosanna said...

Wow! Tikal could be one of the seven wonders of the world. The ancient architecture is absolutely breath- taking. Should really make the BofM story come to life.

What a wonderful opportunity. Thanks for all the incredible pics and for Sharing with us.