Day 7
Lara, Kristina, Heather, Mom and I flew from Lisbon, Portugal to Milan, Italy this day. While all of our brothers and one brother-in-law were also making their way to Italy for a mini family reunion.
We found some food at the airport when we arrived in Italy. The sandwich needed a little flavor, but otherwise was good.
As soon as we arrived in Italy, we picked up a rental car and Heather, Kristina, Mom and I drove from Milan to La Villa, Italy. We didn't get to our hotel until after midnight. It was a long day.
I was very grateful for Heather being willing to drive us to our hotel this night (although it was a five hour drive from the airport and once we got to the mountains the roads were narrow and windy and it was dark outside) so that we could be at and enjoy our destination the whole day the next day.
Lara stayed in Milan waiting for her husband, Glen, to fly in the next morning. Our brothers also stayed in Milan for the night and they all drove to the Dolomites the next day.
Day 8
This day we did some hiking and exploring the town we were staying in.
Kristina and I shared a room and Mom and Heather shared a room. This was the view from my room. So pretty!
The view looking the other direction from my room.
This was the view from the back of our hotel. The view was stunning in person!
After breakfast, Kristina, Mom and I went on a little walk near our hotel. Basically everywhere we looked was so picturesque. We found this trail to walk on but it didn't end up being a very long trail.
It's so pretty though!
Look at that view!
I liked the town we stayed in! It was so pretty and there were nice trails within walking distance of our hotel.
It was common to see buildings with a bunch of flowers covering the balconies or window ledges.
I liked this snail planter!
We went back to the hotel for awhile and then Kristina and I went in search of another trail.
We asked the person at the front desk of our hotel about nearby trails and she told us about one that followed a river.
And so to that trail we went!
We found the trail next to the river!
On the trail!
Look at that view!
I thought this picture was funny. A picture of me taking a selfie! 🤣
This is the selfie I took that Kristina took a picture of.
Everywhere we looked it was just so pretty!
I don't know exactly how far we went but we walked at least a few miles on the trail!
The trail continued for a long time, but eventually we had to head back to the hotel.
Mom ended up being sick this afternoon and for a couple of days afterward. We didn't want to leave her alone. So after Kristina and I came back from our hike, I stayed with Mom and Heather and Kristina went out on a hike.
Heather and I ate dinner at the hotel this night and it was delicious! It was a multiple course meal. I loved the glasses they had for water. They had faces on them. :)
(Since Mom wasn't feeling well, Kristina stayed with Mom while Heather and I ate dinner. Kristina didn't feel like eating.)
Veal with tuna sauce 'La Majun'
Milanese-style ossobuco ravioli
Venere rice, colored cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella foam
One of the chefs making our crepes suzette. It was really interesting watching her make them.
I had no idea what crepe suzettes were before this night.
Everything was delicious!
Overall this was an awesome day with stunning scenery and delicious food! I am so glad we had the full day in the beautiful little town.
No comments:
Post a Comment