Sunday, April 23, 2023

Bluebells

Spring time is a magical time of year with flowers and trees blooming and bright colors coming back to nature. A few weeks ago, I saw someone post pictures on Facebook about the bluebells being in bloom and I decided I needed to try to see them again! 

I saw them in April of 2021 with two of my friends. Here's the link to that time that I went to see the bluebells.

This year, I took my niece and my nephew, Bridgette and Davin, with me to see the bluebells. We drove to Bull Run Regional Park on a beautiful sunny Tuesday morning (the kiddos were on spring break and I was staying with them while their parents were out of town).




It was so pretty! It's hard to capture how cool it actually was in person. If you ever get a chance to see fields of bluebells in bloom in person, I highly recommend it! Pictures don't do it justice.




Bridgette, Davin and I on the bluebell trail. It was a beautiful sunny day that day! 


I actually got to see two different places of beautiful bluebells blooming this year. I heard that River Bend Park near Great Falls had some bluebells also. I had time and it was a nice day on a Monday morning (and I wasn't watching my niece and nephew any more) so I decided to do some hiking at River Bend Park. 

 

 It was soooo worth it! It was gorgeous!


There were bluebells on both sides of the trail and the Potomac River on one side.


 I wish my camera did better at close ups but alas it's not great.










Once again, if you ever get a chance to see bluebells in bloom in person, I highly recommend it! They're so pretty! I'm so glad that I got to go to two places not too far away and see the bluebells.

No comments: