I got to spend three weeks in southern California in September. I stayed with my sister, K, and her family. I worked from there and got to spend time with my sister's family when I wasn't working. It was awesome! The weather was lovely the whole time I was there and I got to go to the beach a couple of times.
K, S, J and I went to Newport Beach one Saturday evening. There was quite a bit of traffic getting to the beach this evening. And finding a parking place was quite difficult but eventually we found one just as someone was pulling out.
The beach was nice! The part of the beach we ended up at was not very busy. I read my book, waded into the water a little bit, chatted with my sister, played with my nephews, and just enjoyed the sound of the waves crashing on the shore.
My adorable nephews!
K and I!
On another day I borrowed one of K and T's cars and drove to Salt Creek Beach.
Lots of birds hanging out on the beach too! ;)
I walked the whole length of the beach. I think I parked somewhere in the middle and when I was done I had walked over 5 miles.
It was a nice day to visit the beach. I did sit for awhile here but mostly I just walked. I got sunburned here since I didn't put on sunblock. Oops.
I'm glad for the time I got to spend in California with my sister and her family. I don't get to see them as much since when I'm in Virginia and they're in California, we're so far away from each other.
Stay tuned for one more post about California.
No comments:
Post a Comment