Tuesday, January 7, 2020

End of December Activities!

December was a good month! This post will have the rest of the Christmasy stuff I did in December. :)

I went to the Bull Run Festival of Lights with my friend, Rachel. I'd never been before and it was cool! You drive really slowly through the park as you look at the lights.

 It was hard to get pictures that weren't blurry.

I really enjoyed the lights and would say it was worth the drive and money to go! 

Walking out of work one day the clouds looked like this! Aren't they beautiful?!

 Another dramatic scene!

Although I've seen this show at Ford's Theatre before (about 7 years ago), I went again with my co-worker, Heather, who had never seen it before. I, of course, was okay with that since it's a good show with a good message and they do this show every year so they change it up too.

 The production was fun! The actors were awesome and the staging fun!

In case you don't know, I love Brian Stokes Mitchell. :) One of my friends let me borrow her Brian Stokes Mitchell / Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert DVD.

I actually have this CD and listen to it all of the time at Christmas time but I had never watched the DVD. I watched it and loved it! It had a different power watching it than it does listening to it and it was awesome!

A few months ago, I had mentioned to a couple of my friends a restaurant I had been wanting to visit in D.C. that the Washington Post food critic recommends to people all of the time on his weekly online chat. One of my friends decided to make a reservation for four of us to go on New Year's Eve. :)

So we went to Unconventional Diner for dinner on New Year's Eve and it did not disappoint. For the appetizers we got Kale chips and Cornbread muffins with habanero butter. The kale chips were okay. The cornbread muffins were amazing though! They were warm and moist and that butter was oh sooo good.

For my main dish, I got meatloaf and it was delicious! The meat was tender and flavorful and I would totally get it again. :) And everyone else really liked what they each got too!

Outside of Unconventional Diner afterwards. For dessert, we stopped by Insomnia Cookies in Georgetown. 

Then Cat, Rachel, Kara and I went back to Rachel and Cat's place and talked and laughed and ate the cookies and drank sparkling cider and watched the ball drop on Times Square. It was a lovely night full of awesome company and delicious food! 

Happy New Year! :)

No comments: