Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I am I, Don Quixote, the Lord of La Mancha


As soon as I saw that the Shakespeare Theatre in downtown D.C. was going to have Man of La Mancha there, I knew I was going to go. And go I did!

I loved it! Don Quixote, Sancho and Aldonza were awesome! They were strong singers and played their parts well. (Well everyone played their parts well, but the main characters are most important, in my opinion.)

There were a few uncomfortable parts (but were an important part of the show) and overall the show was awesome! I really like Don Quixote and his child-like innocence and goodness and how he changes the people around him for the better.

If you've never heard the music from Man of La Mancha, you should listen to it. The Impossible Dream, of course, is awesome, but I also like the song Man of La Mancha, Dulcinea, The Dubbing, and I could pretty much name all of the songs, so you should just listen to all of it. :)  


Thanks Shakespeare Theatre for putting on such a good show! 

P.S. The man who played the Padre in the show was a doppleganger of Mark Ruffalo. I was sitting in the 4th row from the front, so I could see clearly and I totally thought it was Mark Ruffalo at first. I also really liked his character; he was good too!

No comments: