Friday, March 20, 2015

San Diego- La Jolla Beach, Trolley Tour, Coronado, Temple

Last post for my California trip...

I loved San Diego! We went there on our last full day before heading home. I heard from a friend that taking the trolley tour through San Diego is a fun way of seeing the city without having to worry about driving through the city and parking and figuring out where to go etc.

The trolley tour was awesome! They stop at a few of the most popular touristy places in the city and they come around every 30 minutes or so.

We got off the trolley at a couple of places, but I definitely think my favorite stop was Coronado! Coronado is a peninsula of San Diego.

The reason I loved Coronado, (besides the charming houses and architecture, where no two buildings or houses were exactly alike (so no cookie cutter houses here)), was because of the beach!

Apparently Coronado beach was rated the #1 beach in the U.S. last year. (Something we learned on our trolley tour). Since we had been to a few other beaches on this trip, we wondered how this beach was going to be different from the other ones we had been to.

The beach was different and it was awesome! How do I describe this beach?

Well, there were really tiny gold specks in the water that made it sparkle. (You can kind of see the gold in the picture above). The water was clear. The sand was so soft and light-colored. The water was shallow going pretty far out. The buildings near the beach were charming. The beach was just beautiful in general! (And they had lifeguards and decent restrooms.) I loved this beach!

Water had washed over the words (in the picture above) numerous times and yet the letters stayed.

Coronado!




Look at that sand! It felt so good on the feet.

Sisters at Coronado!

My adorable nieces, Madeline and Ellie, jumping for the camera. Aren't they so cute?!


Paparazzi shot!

The trolley tour was awesome! There were a couple of stops that we didn't get to explore at (like Balboa Park), that I definitely want to go to next time I visit Kristina and Tom.

We parked in Old Town San Diego near the Mormon Battalion Museum to catch the trolley and we decided, since the museum was open later than the trolley ran, that we would  go to the museum last. The church did an awesome job with the museum! It's a fun and interactive way to learn about the Mormon Battalion.

I know I started off with the end of the day but now I'm going back to the beginning. We began our day at La Jolla Beach. The water was so clear there and we saw some seals or sea lions (I am not sure which ones) swimming around.

La Jolla!


Just in case you didn't know from previous posts, I love the beach!


Isn't it beautiful?!

Kristina, Lara and I at La Jolla.

Our very last stop of the day before going home was the temple! It sure was beautiful! I love how it's right off the freeway (kind of like the D.C. temple) and it just kind of is suddenly there.

Sisters at the temple!

Well this post concludes my posts from my trip to California. Overall it was a wonderful, fun-filled, family-filled trip!

1 comment:

Lara said...

But what I really want to know….
do you like California? What about the beach? I feel like I'm getting some mixed vibes from you and I just wanted you to clarify. ;)