Friday, July 25, 2014

Moo Thru, SVU, and Hotel View

Natural Bridge trip continued...

I don't remember who recommended this place to me, but I know someone once told me to stop at this ice cream place on Highway 29 going towards Charlottesville. I did just that on my way to Natural Bridge, although I won't even be able to tell that person that I went there and got a delicious shake. :) Honestly I can't even remember what flavor I got, but I know it was good!

I like visiting college campuses. It's fun to see the different architectural styles and layouts and sizes of campuses.

As I was researching what to do near Natural Bridge I saw that Southern Virginia University was relatively close by and I decided to make a stop there.

All the buildings on campus were the red brick style and the campus was pretty dang small. If I thought Rexburg and BYU-Idaho were small Buena Vista and SVU were even smaller... a lot smaller. 

 The red brick must have been the style when this campus and Washington and Lee University were built since they both have the same red brick buildings. I'm sure there's some sort of history behind it that I do not know or maybe not.


This was the view from my hotel room the first night I stayed in Lexington. It was awesome!

I feel like this is my most random post from my trip thus far but stay tuned for one more post about my trip...

No comments: