Monday, April 30, 2012

I Ran a 5k!

I ran in a 5k race on Saturday. It was my first race as an adult.  I liked it. Cami, Glen, and Emma also ran the race, but I just ran by myself.

I had two goals when I started the race.  Run the whole time and get under 33 minutes.  I definitely ran the whole time and my time was 31 minutes 16 seconds.  YAY!  I feel good about participating in the race and I am glad I achieved both of my goals.

I actually got a little teary-eyed when I could see the finish line and I knew I was going to make it. I was glad I was wearing sun glasses :)  This may sound funny but I felt like all of the other people in the race kind of gave me energy to keep on going.  Knowing there were people ahead of me and behind me helped me.


 

2 comments:

Dad-Mom said...

We are so proud of you A.L. First for the courage to start running and secondly for achieving your goals. A 5K is quite an achievement.

R said...

Hooray for AnnaLisa running a 5K. Congratulations!